Tonight we talked about what the vast majority of people probably think marketing is. I find it interesting that the subject of advertising and communicating to sell a product is found in chapter 14 of a textbook, when most people think that is all that marketing is. Nothing was earth-shattering about this subject. There are different strategies and the discussion explained these better than I may have previously understood them. There are certainly different types of communication that people would generally rap up into the word advertising, but we know as marketing. Advertising, public relations, publicity, sales promotion, personal selling, etc. I think that this is the part of marketing that is understood by most people the best. It is all of the other elements of marketing that make people (including myself) say, “I did not know that.”
This lecture focused a lot on communication and referenced quite a bit of information that I learned in my communications course. There are obviously many strategies and goals associated with the types and ways of communicating and advertising. It was fun to learn about some on them in more depth and to learn more about the new wave of ways to communicate about a product…….such as a blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment