Once again, I have learned more about marketing that I did not know. I am constantly realizing how much I do not know, but at the same time, all of this seems so logical to me. It makes me feel slightly dumb for not being able to figure this all out. It was interesting to learn of the different methods of advertising and how they relate to the product life cycle. I knew that companies advertise to enhance their image, but did not know it is called institutional advertising. I knew that certain advertising exists, such as that to promote a new product, but did not realize it is formally known as pioneering advertising. Advocacy, product, competitive, and comparative advertising were nothing new to me though.
It was fun to go in depth and learn about the planning of advertising. It was interesting to see that these different types of advertising are best used at different times across a product life cycle. I enjoyed learning about the different media choices in more depth and looking at newer choices as well. I learned more about promotion vs. public relations. It is interesting to note that some of the media choices did not exist, or came about in my parent’s or grandparent’s generation. One even came about during my lifetime.
No comments:
Post a Comment